L W Perry & Son was established in 1935 by Lionel Perry and was handed down to his son Denzil who continued to run the business until 1985 when it was purchased by Leo and Priscilla Williams. Leo, who has been in the building industry all of his life, has a passion for older buildings and has steered the company towards the renovation of listed and character properties with the main emphasis being on quality and good workmanship from start to finish. We have also recently worked on two new-build projects, again focusing on quality in the finished result.
Leo’s son Peter joined the company in 1990 and has continued in the company tradition of quality and pride in work completed.
L W Perry & Son became a Limited Company in 2003 and now trade as Perry & Son Ltd and the company still continues to work with the same values.
Perry and Son Ltd employ all direct labour and have an active training program to ensure new apprentices train and learn from our older, more experienced tradesmen so the techniques and skills will be passed down to younger generations, rather than lost to modern day working practices. In October 2005 Perry & Son Ltd achieved the Investors In People award (IIP), reinforcing our commitment to our clients, employees and suppliers.
The company employs bricklayers, ground workers,carpenters, plasterers, decorators and plumbers, all in-house. We also have a fully equipped joiners workshop in our yard where we make bespoke joinery such as windows, doors, and staircases and can produce moulds to match those existing in properties we are working on. Generally the only sub-contractors we use are for electrical works. This means we keep tight control of labour on our projects and send in tradesmen as and when needed, rather than when the sub contractor company can fit us in.